This write-up is a comprehensive guide detailing the steps to microwave chipotle burrito.
Keep reading to find out the procedures needed to reheat the chipotle burrito in the microwave.
From my research online, it is evident that microwaving chipotle burrito is a frequently used technique to reheat it.
Home cooks prefer to microwave Chipotle Burrito because it is effortless and quick. Without much ado, let’s dive right into the details!
How to Prep Chipotle Burrito Before Microwaving
Before microwaving a chipotle burrito remove its wrappings. Wrappings are usually not microwave-safe.
Usually, the leftover chipotle burrito is stored in containers like ziplock bags before refrigerating to avoid any contact with air.
The burrito is wrapped in aluminum foil before putting it in the zip lock bag. The aluminum bag and the zip lock bag are not microwave-safe.
Remove these coverings to avoid any accidents while heating in the appliance.
- Chipotle Burrito
- Microwave-safe plate
- A pair of tongs
- Putting Chipotle Burrito in the microwave: After removing the wrappings on the burrito place it on a microwave-safe plate and put it inside the microwave.
- Adjusting the microwave settings: Switch on the microwave. Set it on high heat and microwave the burrito for 1-minute intervals to evenly heat it.
- Checking in between the process: It is advisable to monitor the burrito while it reheats in the microwave.
After 1 minute flip the burrito over to let the heat reach the bottom layers. Use a pair of tongs to flip it.
- Repeat the process till the desired result is reached: If the burrito isn’t done, repeat the process to get the desired warmth.
Tips to Remember While Reheating Chipotle Burrito in Microwave1
Keeps these tips in mind while microwaving Chipotle Burrito to get it perfectly reheated.
- Make sure to remove the aluminum wrapping on the burrito. It is not microwave-safe. Use a microwave-safe plate instead.
- It is advisable to sprinkle some water over the burrito before microwaving to quicken the process.
- Remember to flip the burrito over at 1-minute intervals. This ensures an even distribution of heat.
- Repeating the process at regular intervals makes sure that the burrito is fully heated up.
- After microwaving, take it out and let it sit for a while to let it come to an ideal temperature to eat.
- It is advisable to use a thermometer to see if the center of the burrito has also warmed up. See if the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit or 74 degrees Celsius.
Alternate Ways to Reheat Chipotle Burrito
The Chipotle burrito can be reheated in an oven or on the stove. A grill can also be used to reheat the burrito.
Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit and place the burrito with loosened foil wrap on an oven tray for 30 minutes.
Check if it is evenly heated up before eating.When using the grill, preheat it. Then, put the burrito on the warm part of the grill.
Turn it over every 3-4 minutes to heat it for 20-25 minutes to get reheated chipotle burrito.
Place an oiled pan on the stove. Heat the burrito for 5 minutes on medium heat to get it perfectly reheated.
How to Reheat Chipotle Burrito quickly
Using the microwave is the quickest technique to reheat a chipotle burrito. It only takes about 2 minutes to microwave it.
While microwaving a chipotle burrito, remove any aluminum wrapping on it to avoid melting it. Also, a sprinkle of water on the burrito speeds up the process.
Intermittent heating at 1-minute intervals also helps to get a perfectly heated burrito.
How to Store Reheated Chipotle Burrito
It is better to store leftover chipotle burritos in an airtight container and put them in the fridge for later use.
Overexposure to room temperature stimulates microbial growth in the chipotle burrito. Make sure to wrap the burrito in aluminum foil.
Then keep it in an airtight unit like a ziplock bag to place it in the fridge.
Is it Safe to Reheat Chipotle Burrito in the Microwave?
Yes, it is safe to microwave chipotle burritos.
To be safe, remove the aluminum foil from the burrito.
Aluminum foil is not microwave-safe. Keep monitoring the reheating process to avoid overheating the burrito and scorching it.
This reduces the burrito’s taste and affects the texture of the shell as well.
How Long does it Take to Reheat Chipotle Burrito in the Microwave?
It only takes about 3-4 minutes to reheat the chipotle burrito in the microwave.
Microwaving is the fastest method to reheat chipotle burritos. Within a few minutes, the burrito can be perfectly reheated and ready to be eaten.
While microwaving, heat at 1-minute intervals and flip it over to evenly heat the burrito.
At What temperature do you reheat burritos?
Chipotle burrito is reheated to get the center of the burrito to a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit or 74 degrees Celsius.
When reheating in the oven, it is usually preheated to a temperature of 225 degrees Fahrenheit before heating the burrito.
Yes, chipotle burrito can be eaten the next day as long as it is stored properly.
Leftover chipotle burritos should be stored in the fridge in an airtight container to be used again. Make sure to wrap it in aluminum foil as well.
This is done to avoid contact with air which promotes harmful bacterial growth.
Leftover chipotle burrito should be stored in the fridge within 2 hours to avoid overexposure to air and it should be eaten in four days. Food in general gets spoiled after 4 days in the fridge.
Hope this article covered all your queries about microwaving chipotle burritos!
If you think we missed something, do comment below or sent it to us via email.
Feel free to share this write-up with your loved ones who love chipotle burritos.