In this article, I have discussed everything you need to know about how to microwave a Frozen pizza slice.
I have tried this method of microwaving the Frozen pizza slice over and over again to perfect it and get that crispy crust on a reheated pizza.
Let us get to it.
- Quick Answer: How to Microwave Frozen Pizza Slice?
- How to Prep the Frozen pizza slice for Microwaving3
- How to Microwave Frozen pizza slice?
- Tips for Microwaving Frozen Pizza slice:
- Alternate Methods to Reheat Frozen pizza slice:
- How long does Frozen pizza slice Last?
- How to Store Pizza Slices?
- How long do I Microwave Frozen pizza slices?
- How to Reheat Frozen pizza slice Quickly?
- Is it Safe to Microwave Frozen pizza slices?
- Bottom Line
How to Prep the Frozen pizza slice for Microwaving3
The pizza needs to be defrosted before you decide to heat it in the microwave. Fortunately, prepping a frozen pizza slice is part of cooking it in the microwave.
Defrost the pizza slice by putting it in the microwave, covered with a paper towel for 1 minute at 50% power. Remove and set aside for 1 more minute to allow it to defrost completely.
- Frozen pizza slice
- Microwave-safe tray/plate
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Browning dish/ Crisper Plate
- Paper towels
- Preheat the browning dish: Use the microwave to preheat a crisper plate or a microwave-safe browning dish.
Heat for 3 minutes on high power. Use oven mitts to take it out of the microwave and put it on a stand. Place the defrosted pizza slice on the browning dish.
- Cooking in the microwave: Switch on the microwave. Lower the power level down to 50%. Set the timer for 2 minutes at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Put in a glass bowl filled with water and carefully adjust the browning dish on top of it. You can also put a glass of water next to the dish.
Microwave in 30-second intervals until the pizza is hot and ready to serve.
Tips for Microwaving Frozen Pizza slice:
- Defrost the pizza slice before microwaving it. This helps maintain the crispiness and prevents the pizza from becoming a soggy mess if heated in large intervals.
- When defrosting in the microwave, place a paper towel beneath the pizza slice. It helps the moisture escape.
- Alternatively, cover the pizza slice completely with a damp paper towel instead of putting a glass of water next to it.
- Using a pizza stone in the microwave does not work. Instead, use a crisper plate.
- Do not use metal cookware. Only use utensils labeled as microwave-safe.
- The pizza button on the microwave is to reheat the leftover pizza. Use this if you are not sure of the technique.
Alternate Methods to Reheat Frozen pizza slice:
You can cook the Frozen pizza slice using a toaster oven or simply in a cast iron pan.
1. In the Toaster Oven: Preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Reduce the power to medium and cook the frozen pizza slice until the cheese starts melting.
Remove the pizza slice from the toaster oven using a spatula or tongs. The pizza slice will be very hot. Let it cool before serving.
2. Cast Iron pan Method: Heat your cast iron pan on medium heat. Lower the heat to low and add the pizza. Cook for 1 to 3 minutes or until the crust is hot.
Add a couple of drops of water away from the pizza and cover immediately. Cook for another 1 minute.
Remove carefully. The moisture will melt the cheese gently and the crust would still be crispy.
How long does Frozen pizza slice Last?
Frozen pizza slices last for 3 to 5 days in the fridge when stored at a temperature below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Pizza can be left at room temperature for 2 hours only.
Pizza contains cheese that the USDA deems a perishable item. There is a chance of bacterial growth in the pizza if kept at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
If the pizza is stored in a freezer, it can last for up to 2 months. Throw the pizza out if has been left at room temperature overnight.
How to Store Pizza Slices?
Let the pizza slice return to room temperature. Separate them into individual pieces. Put them face down on one another and wrap them in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. For single pieces follow the same procedure.
If you only have one piece of Pizza left, wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the freezer. If you have more than one pizza slice, separate them from one another using a knife.
Put two slices on top of one another so that the crust of both the slices is outward. Put a plastic wrap or aluminum foil around them
Put in a zip lock bag for long-term storage. Pizza leftovers once reheated, should be discarded. Do not refreeze
How long do I Microwave Frozen pizza slices?
Microwaving times depend on the number of slices, size of each slice, and components of the pizza. It takes an average of 2 to 3 minutes to reheat a frozen pizza slice at 50% power. If your pizza slice is defrosted it only takes 1 to 2 minutes of microwaving time at 50% power.
To achieve that restraint like crust and flavor on a reheated microwaved pizza slice. Put in the microwave next to a glass of water for 1 minute at 50% power.
Adjust the microwaving times depending on whether the cheese is melting or not. The microwaving times will increase with the no. of slices you put in the microwave at once.
How to Reheat Frozen pizza slice Quickly?
Microwaving is the quickest way to reheat a frozen pizza slice. Although reheating the pizza in the oven will make a crispier crust and will stay hot for longer. The best way is to reheat in a cast iron pan.
Place the pizza slice on a parchment or paper towel to allow the moisture to escape while microwaving.
Microwaving is an easy solution to cook a pizza slice quickly but to achieve a crispy crust, reheat the pizza in a cast-iron skillet
Is it Safe to Microwave Frozen pizza slices?
Yes, it is safe to microwave frozen pizza. The temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Avoid using plastic when microwaving.
When reheating a pizza slice in the microwave, remember to avoid heating it all at once to maintain its nutritional value, taste, and texture.
Microwave in 30-second intervals. Avoid putting any aluminum foil or metal in the microwave while microwaving. Use utensils labeled as microwave-safe.
To avoid sogginess in a reheated pizza slice, put a barrier between the plate and the pizza. Use a paper towel or a microwaveable stand to let the moisture escape.
Heat in 30-second intervals to let the dry air into the microwave. The crust will be cooked properly this way. Lower the power down to 50% to prevent overcooking.
Yes, you can eat a cold frozen pizza slice given that it has been stored properly in temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
Frozen pizza tastes better the next day because some of the ingredients in a pizza develop better taste under refrigeration.
If you are skeptical about eating frozen pizza slices, I suggest you reheat it to a temperature of 165 Degrees Fahrenheit at least.
I hope this article on How to Microwave Frozen pizza slice helped you with defrosting and cooking frozen pizza.
We love to hear from you. Mention your queries, suggestions, and tips and tricks in the comments or mail them to us.
Share this comprehensive guide with those who love to eat frozen pizza at any time of the day.