This write-up is a comprehensive guide detailing the steps to microwave McDonald’s chicken nuggets.
Keep reading to find out the procedures needed to reheat McDonald’s chicken nuggets in the microwave.
Food bloggers have always preferred the microwave to heat McDonald’s chicken nuggets to quickly and effortlessly get the job done.
I have also tried this technique several times and it made reheating nuggets a cake-walk. Without further ado let’s dive right into the specifics.
How to Prep McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets Before Microwaving
To prep the nuggets before microwaving, take the pieces out of their packaging and set them aside at room temperature for a while.
The nuggets need to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. For it to adjust to room temperature, put it aside on the countertop for 10 minutes before microwaving.
- McDonald’s chicken nuggets
- Microwave-safe plate
- Paper towel/ parchment paper
- Pair of tongs
- Putting McDonald’s chicken nuggets in the microwave: Place the nuggets onto a microwave-safe plate covered with a paper towel or parchment paper.
Spread the pieces out to avoid any clustering. Put the plate with the nuggets into the microwave
- Adjusting the microwave settings: Switch on the microwave and set it to high heat. Adjust the timer according to the number of nuggets taken for heating.
It is ideal to heat at 30-second intervals.
- Checking in between the process: Do not leave the nuggets unattended when it heats up. Check for progress after heating.
- Repeat the process till the desired result is reached: If needed continue the process for another 30 seconds to get the desired result.
Use tongs to take them out and let them sit for a while before serving to cool it down a bit.
Tips to Remember While Reheating McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets in Microwave
Keep these points in mind while microwaving chicken nuggets to get the best results.
- Let the nuggets come to room temperature before microwaving.
- It is advisable to use paper towels or parchment paper on the plate for microwaving. You can also use parchment cooking bags instead.
- Spread the nuggets on the plate rather than stacking them or clustering them together.
- To avoid getting soggy breading, microwave using a microwave crisper pan. This makes the nuggets crispy.
- Heat at 30-second increments to avoid burning the nuggets and flip them over in between to ensure even heating.
- Let the chicken nuggets cool down before serving them.
- Use oven mittens or a towel to take the hot plate out of the microwave to avoid any burning.
- While reheating, let the internal temperature of the nuggets reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit or 74 degrees Celsius.
Alternate Ways to Reheat McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets
McDonald’s chicken nuggets can be reheated in the oven, in the skillet, in the air fryer, or on the grill.
The chicken nuggets can be reheated in the oven by baking at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.
While reheating on the stove, preheat a skillet with some oil to 350°F and fry the nuggets for 25-30 seconds on each side in the oil.
To reheat in the air fryer, preheat it at 350°F and place the nuggets in for 6-8 minutes.
While using the grill, preheat at medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Place the nuggets on the wire rack and flip in between to ensure complete heating.
How to Reheat McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets quickly
McDonald’s Chicken nuggets can be quickly reheated by using the microwave. It only needs 15-30 seconds to heat a nugget completely.
While using the microwave to reheat the chicken nugget, heat at 15-second intervals to avoid scorching or burning the nuggets. If needed repeat the process to avoid uneven cooking.
How to Store Reheated McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets
The nuggets need to be stored in the fridge in a properly sealed container.
Chicken nuggets need to be stored in the refrigerator within 2 hours of exposure to room temperature. This avoids the growth of any harmful bacteria in the nuggets.
Use a shallow airtight container to store the nuggets in rather than using the original paper cover. Using aluminum foil or plastic wrap is also effective.
Can You Microwave Chicken Nuggets?
Yes, chicken nuggets can be microwaved. It is one of the easiest and quickest ways to reheat chicken nuggets without any fuss.
Only the chicken nugget which has been properly stored should be microwaved. The nuggets must not be exposed to room temperature for more than 2 hours.
It should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer before reheating.
Is it Safe to Reheat McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets in the Microwave?
Yes, it is perfectly safe to microwave McDonald’s chicken nuggets. Make sure to use the right equipment and the correct settings on the microwave to avoid any mistakes.
To be on the safe side, use a microwave-safe plate and place a paper towel on it to absorb any moisture during heating.
Make sure to follow the time guidelines to avoid overheating.
It is ideal to remove the original packaging the nuggets come in before heating since they are not safe to use in the microwave.
Also, remember to let the nuggets come to room temperature before heating.
How Long does it Take to Reheat McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets in the Microwave?
Refrigerated chicken nuggets can be microwaved at 30-second intervals to warm them up. For nuggets that have been frozen, use the defrost option at first a couple of minutes. Then reheat at 30-second intervals.
The place where the nuggets have been stored before microwaving is one factor that determines how long it should be heated.
The number of nuggets to be reheated is also a factor that determines the time needed.
Remember that one nugget usually requires 12-15 seconds in the microwave to get completely warm.
I hope this write-up answered all your questions about microwaving McDonald’s chicken nuggets.
If you have anything more to add, do comment below or mail it to us.
Don’t forget to share the article with your loved ones who love chicken nuggets.