Reheat the pizza slices for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on their initial temperature.
This article is a comprehensive guide on how best to reheat Domino’s Pizza in the microwave.
From my personal experience, this technique works like a charm. So, let’s get started.
- Quick Answer: How to reheat Domino’s Pizza in the Microwave
- How to Prep Domino’s Pizza for Reheating in the Microwave?
- How to reheat Domino’s Pizza in the microwave?
- Tips to Remember while Microwaving
- Is it Safe to Reheat Domino’s Pizza in the microwave?
- How Long does it Take to Reheat Domino’s Pizza?
- How to Reheat Domino’s Pizza quickly?
- Alternate Ways to Reheat Domino’s Pizza in the Microwave
- How to reheat Domino’s Pizza without Drying it out ?
- Bottom Line
How to Prep Domino’s Pizza for Reheating in the Microwave?
Before reheating the pizza in the microwave, take a crisper tray and preheat it for 30 seconds inside the microwave.
Take a microwave-safe container short, in height which can hold water. Do not use any metal containers inside the microwave. No other prior preparation is needed.
- Preheating: The microwave-safe crisper tray needs to be preheated for 30 seconds before beginning the process.
- Layering the Crisper Tray: The crisper tray should be lined with two layers of paper towels so that any moisture released from the pizza can be absorbed.
- Using a Microwave-Safe Container: The microwave-safe container should be filled with water and then carefully placed in the center of the microwave.
- Placing the Pizza in the Microwave: The pizza slices should be placed in the paper towel, lined, crisper tray in such a way that they don’t overlap.
- Positioning the Crisper Tray: After the microwave-safe container is placed inside the microwave, the browning tray should be placed above it.
- Microwave settings: The microwave should be set at 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer should be set for two minutes.
- Checking the Pizza: The pizza slices should be checked every 30 seconds. Once reheated, serve hot.
Temperature: 165 degrees Fahrenheit
Tips to Remember while Microwaving
- Paper Towels should be used to absorb any moisture that leaks out and the pizza slices don’t get soggy.
- Use only a microwave-safe crisper tray that comes with your microwave, it will ensure that the pizza crust doesn’t burn or become chewy.
- Domino’s pizza should not be kept at room temperature for more than 2 hours as the chances of food getting spoiled increases. Make sure to refrigerate the pizza as this keeps harmful bacteria from growing.
- Do not overcrowd the pizza slices on the crisper tray as they won’t be heated evenly.
- Use microwave mittens to take the pizza out, be careful as the bubbling cheese over the pizza will be very hot and can drip on your hands.
Is it Safe to Reheat Domino’s Pizza in the microwave?
It is safe to reheat Domino’s pizza in the microwave. Like any other pizza, Domino’s pizza can be reheated very quickly.
According to USDA pizza with vegetables should be reheated at 140 degrees Fahrenheit, whereas pizza with chicken or any other meat should be reheated at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Long does it Take to Reheat Domino’s Pizza?
If your pizza is frozen, it needs to thaw first, for this it should be reheated at 165 degrees Fahrenheit for about 2 to 3 minutes.
If you have stored your pizza in the fridge and it is not frozen, then it should be reheated for about 1 minute.
If your pizza is at room temperature, then it should be reheated for not more than 30 seconds.
How to Reheat Domino’s Pizza quickly?
The quickest way to reheat pizza is to use the microwave.
It takes a lot of time to reheat pizza on the pan, and if the pizza is frozen, then it can take ages to first thaw the pizza and then reheat it.
With the help of a microwave, you can reheat your pizza in seconds, without any hassle.
Alternate Ways to Reheat Domino’s Pizza in the Microwave
1 Using an Oven: Pizza can be easily reheated in the oven. For this, you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then a sheet of foil should be placed on the oven rack and the pizza slice should be placed over it.
You can also use a sheet pan for placing the slices in the oven. The pizza should be reheated for 10 minutes.
If you use a toaster oven, then the pizza slices should be reheated for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Using a Skillet: The pizza slices can also be reheated on the stove. Place the pizza on the skillet, set the stove on medium heat. Heat the pizza for a couple of minutes.
After this add a few drops of water on the side of the skillet, then cover it with a lid. Remove the pizza slices when they are heated enough.
How to reheat Domino’s Pizza without Drying it out ?
When Domino’s pizza is reheated in the microwave, as the heat of the microwave quickly dries any moisture that is there in the food,
It is important to put a container of water inside the microwave to evenly distribute the heat and keep the necessary moisture intact.
If the pizza is kept in the fridge, then it can be reheated for 1 minute in the microwave.
However, pizza should not be left at room temperature for more than 2 hours, as bacteria can grow and contaminate the food.
You should make sure to use paper towels when you reheat Domino’s pizza in the microwave as it will absorb the extra moisture and keep the taste intact.
You can either place the pizza slice on the paper towel and directly reheat it in the microwave or you can line the crisper tray with paper towels and then put the pizza in it.
I hope this guide helps you to reheat Domino’s pizza with relative ease.
If you have any queries or remarks, please let us know via comments or mail. We look forward to any tips or tricks that can be further added to this guide.
Do share this article with your fellow food enthusiasts!