This write-up is a comprehensive guide detailing the steps to microwave ground turkey. Keep reading to find out the procedures needed to reheat ground turkey in the microwave.
Culinary experts and home cooks alike recommend using the microwave to reheat ground turkey effortlessly and quickly.
From my research online, it is evident that food bloggers also recommend the same.
Without further ado, let’s jump right into the details!
- Quick Answer: How to Reheat Ground Turkey in Microwave?
- How to Prep Ground Turkey Before Microwaving
- How to Reheat Ground Turkey in the Microwave
- Tips to Remember While Reheating Ground Turkey in Microwave
- Alternate Ways to Reheat Ground Turkey
- How to Reheat Ground Turkey quickly
- How to Store Reheated Ground Turkey
- Can You Reheat Ground Turkey in the Microwave?
- Is it Safe to Reheat Ground Turkey in the Microwave?
- How Do You Know When Ground Turkey is Reheated in the Microwave?
- Best Way to Reheat Ground Turkey in the Microwave
- How Long Does it Take to Reheat Ground Turkey in the Microwave?
How to Prep Ground Turkey Before Microwaving
Before microwaving the turkey, remember to take it out of the refrigerator and set it aside for about 15-20 minutes for it to come to room temperature.
This allows the turkey to reheat quickly in the microwave. If necessary, use the defrost option on the microwave before reheating the ground turkey.
- Ground turkey
- Microwave-safe dish with a lid
- Putting ground turkey in the microwave: Transfer the ground turkey into a microwave-safe plate or bowl. Use a lid to cover the mouth of the bowl.
Place the bowl of turkey in the microwave.
- Adjusting the microwave settings: Switch on the microwave. Set the microwave on high and adjust the time for 1-minute intervals.
- Checking in between the process: After the time is up, take the dish out and stir the turkey thoroughly. Nuke it again for 1 minute.
- Repeat the process till the desired result is reached: Afterwards, check if the turkey is evenly heated or reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
If not repeat the process till the desired results are achieved.
Tips to Remember While Reheating Ground Turkey in Microwave
To get the perfectly warm ground turkey, follow these tips:
- It is advisable to set the turkey aside on the kitchen top for about 15-20 minutes before microwaving. This helps it to adjust to room temperature and evenly reheat in the microwave.
- It would be a good idea to defrost the ground turkey in the microwave before reheating. This would quicken the reheating process.
- Use the appropriate settings on the microwave to reheat the turkey. Any mistake could dry out the turkey.
- Always use a microwave-safe dish with a lid to reheat ground turkey in the microwave.
- Use time intervals of 1 minute to reheat.
- Remember to stir the ground turkey thoroughly in between the reheating process. This reduces the chances of burning the meat.
Alternate Ways to Reheat Ground Turkey
If microwaving is not an option, ground turkey can be reheated on the stove or in the oven.
While reheating on the stove, place the turkey on a skillet and pour some stock into it. Simmer the contents using high or medium heat for a few minutes to get the needed results.
Before reheating in the oven, set the turkey aside to let it come to room temperature. Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil and add the ground turkey.
Pour some gravy or broth onto it. Then put it in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
How to Reheat Ground Turkey quickly
Using the microwave is the quickest way to reheat ground turkey without any difficulties. It only takes a couple of minutes to fully reheat the turkey.
To reheat the ground turkey quickly, let it come to room temperature before microwaving. Use short time intervals to reheat the turkey rather than using longer periods.
Stirring in between also helps to evenly heat the turkey and avoids burning any meat.
How to Store Reheated Ground Turkey
It is better to use the whole batch of reheated ground turkey rather than storing it again for future use.
Cooked and ground turkey should be stored in the fridge or freezer within 2 hours of exposure to room temperature.
Otherwise, it could become stale and unsuitable for consumption. Before putting it away, place it in an airtight container to avoid any contact with air.
Can You Reheat Ground Turkey in the Microwave?
Yes, ground turkey can be reheated in the microwave. It is a convenient and effortless method preferred by most home cooks for a quick meal.
Leftover ground turkey which is reheated in the microwave tastes great and has a good texture as well.
Set the microwave to 1-minute intervals and remember to stir continuously and thoroughly between these time intervals to ensure evenly heated turkey.
Is it Safe to Reheat Ground Turkey in the Microwave?
It is very safe to use the microwave to reheat your ground turkey. Make sure to check if the turkey was stored properly before you microwave to ensure food safety.
Remember to heat the turkey to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the temperature necessary to consider the turkey safe for consumption.
To achieve this temperature, keep stirring every 1 minute of reheating. This avoids overcooking and drying out the turkey.
How Do You Know When Ground Turkey is Reheated in the Microwave?
Signs like steam arising from the meat, the smell of cooking meat, and the sizzling movement on the turkey ensure that the ground turkey has reached the ideal temperature.
The external signs may sometimes be hard to spot. Check the internal temperature of the ground turkey instead.
If the turkey has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit, it is ready to be consumed.
Best Way to Reheat Ground Turkey in the Microwave
To get the best results while microwaving ground turkey, Make sure the temperature has come to room temperature before microwaving the turkey.
Use only a microwave-safe dish to place the turkey in. remember to place a lid that is a loose fit.
Nuke at short time intervals to ensure proper heating without burning the turkey. Stir thoroughly in between the reheating to evenly distribute the heat.
After reheating, check if the temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the ideal temperature to consume reheated ground turkey.
How Long Does it Take to Reheat Ground Turkey in the Microwave?
It only takes a couple of minutes to reheat ground turkey in the microwave. It is the quickest technique to heat ground turkey when in a hurry.
It is essential to make sure that the ground turkey has reached room temperature before microwaving.
So, let the turkey rest for about 20 minutes on the countertop before moving on to microwave it.
This helps in evenly heating the meat. Also, use short time intervals to avoid drying it out.
There is a chance of overheating the turkey while microwaving. This leads to the turkey getting dry and not suitable for consumption.
To avoid such an unpleasant situation, it is recommended to add a little broth or gravy into the ground turkey before microwaving. This helps to retain moisture.
I hope this write-up helped you find all the answers to questions concerning reheating ground turkey in the microwave.
If we missed something, do let us know in the comments or mail it to us.
Also, feel free to share this article with your friends who enjoy having ground turkey.