In this article, I have described the best way to reheat your Krispy Kreme donut in the microwave and keep them fresh for a long time.
I have shared my personal experience. This is the method I use every time to get that fresh donut taste as if just bought from the store.
Let’s dive into this process.
- Quick Answer: How to Reheat Krispy Kreme Donuts in Microwave?
- How to Prep the Krispy Kreme donut for Microwaving
- How to Reheat Krispy Kreme Donut in the Microwave?
- Tips for Microwaving Krispy Kreme donut
- Alternate Methods to Reheat Krispy Kreme donut1
- How to Store Krispy Kreme Donuts?
- How long do Krispy Kreme donuts Last?
- How long do I Microwave Krispy Kreme donuts?
- How to defrost Krispy Kreme donuts Quickly?
- Is it Safe to Microwave Krispy Kreme donuts?
- Bottom Line
How to Prep the Krispy Kreme donut for Microwaving
Not a lot needs to be done in order to microwave a Krispy Kreme donut in the microwave. Remove the donut from its packaging and place it on a microwave-safe plate.
If the donuts are frozen, thaw them in the microwave in 10-second intervals or use the defrost setting on the microwave.
Do not put any wrapping containers or packages in the microwave.
- Krispy Kreme donut
- Microwave-safe plate
- Paper towels
- Reheating in the microwave: Switch on the microwave. Lower the power level down to medium preferably.
- Place parchment or paper towels on a microwave-safe plate and place the donut on it.
- Microwave for 8 seconds for 1 donut, 12 seconds for 2 donuts, and 20 seconds for 4 donuts.
Tips for Microwaving Krispy Kreme donut
- Adjust microwaving times depending on the type of donut that is to be reheated in the microwave. Keep microwaving intervals less than 10 seconds at a time.
- Thaw your donuts if completely frozen before microwaving. It will take less time to reheat this way.
- Take extra care when storing the donuts. Keep in an airtight jar or a Ziploc bag.
- Krispy Kreme donuts heat fast in the microwave. Take extra care when reheating donuts with filling inside. It is likely to become very hot.
- If the donuts have gone stale or dry wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave in 5-second intervals. Microwaving tends to draw moisture from food.
- Preferably Microwave 1 donut at a time for even heating.
- Never reheat a jelly donut in the microwave.
Alternate Methods to Reheat Krispy Kreme donut1
Microwaving is the best and quickest way to reheat donuts. You can also reheat the Krispy Kreme donuts in an oven.
Reheating Krispy Kreme donuts in the Oven: Preheat the toaster oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
Place the donuts on the parchment. Pop the tray in the oven for 2 to 5 minutes. It takes an average of 2 to 3 minutes to reheat Krispy Kreme donuts.
Make sure to not overcook the donuts in the oven. Check from time to time when reheating in the oven.
How to Store Krispy Kreme Donuts?
Krispy Kreme donuts should be stored at temperatures below 18 degrees Celsius or 64 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the donuts in a Ziploc bag or airtight containers and put them in the refrigerator. Freeze the donuts as soon as you can. Keep in a place free of moisture and away from sunlight.
The original glazed donuts need no refrigeration for a day or two. Crème filled donuts will go bad at room temperature. It is best to freeze them in airtight containers.
To improve the quality of reheated donut, wrap it in a plastic or aluminum foil before sealing in an airtight container.
Once reheated do not freeze again. This will increase the growth of bacteria in the donut.
How long do Krispy Kreme donuts Last?
Krispy Kreme donuts have a shelf life of 24 hours when stored in a cardboard container. The original glazed donuts will still be fresh for up to 1 week when stored in the box in a moisture-free cool environment. These donuts will be stale and dry.
The shelf life of a donut depends on the type of donut you have. The crème filled donuts will go bad if not refrigerated as soon as possible.
The milk in the crème is a perishable food item and goes bad in about 2 hours at room temperature.If the donuts show signs of mold, throw them out.
How long do I Microwave Krispy Kreme donuts?
For original glaze donuts, It takes 8 seconds of microwaving time on high for 1 donut, 12 seconds for 2 donuts, and 20 seconds for 4 donuts. Microwaving times depend on the number and type of Krispy Kreme Donuts that are to be microwaved at once.
Microwaving times also depend on the wattage of the microwave. If it is a low-wattage microwave, it may take 20 to 30 seconds to reheat the donut.
If that is the case, microwave in 10-second intervals. Cover the Krispy Kreme donut with a damp paper towel to retain moisture.
How to defrost Krispy Kreme donuts Quickly?
Put the Krispy Kreme donuts on a microwave-safe plate. Pop the dish in the microwave and heat in 10-second intervals. You can also set the microwave to defrost setting. If you have ample time on your hands, keep the frozen donuts on the kitchen counter and let them defrost.
Thaw the donuts before heating them in the oven. Microwaving is the quickest way to defrost the donuts.
If reheating donuts in the microwave, it doesn’t need defrosting. Defrosting in this method is part of the reheating process.
Is it Safe to Microwave Krispy Kreme donuts?
Yes, it is safe to microwave Krispy Kreme donuts. The company suggests reheating these donuts in the microwave.
If microwaving a crème filled donut, make sure to not burn yourself. The crème filling gets very hot very fast.
Microwaving these donuts only takes 8 to 10 seconds. Although the donuts will have a change of texture, they will be the closest to fresh ones.
Remove any cardboard when microwaving the donut. They release harmful chemicals when put in the microwave.
When stored in a freezer the Krispy Kreme donuts without any crème last for up to 6 months. Moisture and sunlight cause mold growth in the donuts.
Donuts filled with crème do not last long. They contain milk, which is a perishable food item according to the USDA.
Do not store crème filled donuts at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
I hope this write-up helped you reheat Krispy Kreme donuts to perfection in the microwave.
Write to us your tips and tricks in the comments below or email them to us. We are eager to hear your take on these delicious treats.
Share your love for these treats along with this article with your friends and family.