In this detailed guide about reheating chicken breasts, I will teach you how to use a microwave in the correct way to reheat chicken breasts easily at your place.
Using the microwave to go about this process is the safest way as agreed to by various food bloggers and chefs all around the world.
I personally always opt for this process as it is very easy to follow. Let’s not waste time and get right into the method.
- Quick Answer: How to Reheat Chicken Breast in the Microwave
- How to Prep Chicken Breasts before Microwaving
- How to Reheat Chicken Breasts in the Microwave
- Tips to Remember while Reheating Chicken Breasts
- Alternative ways to Reheat Chicken Breasts without using the Microwave
- How Long does it take to Reheat Chicken Breasts in the Microwave
- Is it Safe to Reheat Chicken Breasts using the Microwave
How to Prep Chicken Breasts before Microwaving
There is no special time-consuming preparation required to reheat chicken breasts in the microwave.
You need to take it out of the refrigerator and bring it to your kitchen countertop.
Place them on a microwave safe dish and make sure that there is enough space between the pieces. Cover this with a damp towel.
- Chicken breasts
- Microwave safe dish
- Damp towel
- A pair of tongs
- Putting the chicken breasts in the microwave: Once you have put the chicken pieces in a microwave dish and covered it with a damp towel.
Put it inside the microwave.Now turn the microwave to its full power.
- Adjusting the microwave settings: The microwave should be set in its full power. You should then set a timer of 5 mins.
The time limit may vary from 2-5 mins depending on the amount of meat. But keep in mind to exceed 5 mins else the chicken breasts might start to cook.
- Checking in between the process: Do not leave the chicken unattended in the microwave.
You must take the microwavable dish out and flip the pieces over after every 30 secs.
- Repeating the process: when you set the timer to 5 mins, it is necessary that you turn the pieces to its other side every 30 secs.
This act of flipping the meat must go on until the chicken breasts are heated throughout.
Temperature: Use high power
Check out this video by How to DIY and VR Gaming on how to reheat chicken breasts in the microwave:
Tips to Remember while Reheating Chicken Breasts
Listed below are some tips and guidelines to be kept in mind when attempting to reheat chicken breasts:
- The dish on which the chicken breasts are placed should be microwave safe. You could also use a glass or ceramic dish
- To flip the pieces never use your bare hands, instead use a pair of tongs.
- Some microwaves have an in-built auto-rotate option. If you have it too, you do not need to take out the meat and flip it over.
- It is important to flip the pieces over for even thawing, else some parts of the meat might remain cold while the others might get overcooked.
- Defrost the chicken before reheating it if you are using an oven. This can be done easily using the defrost setting in the microwave.
- You can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken and also make sure that you are not leaving the middle part cold.
- It is best if you could pour some chicken broth or a little water over the meat before reheating it so that it does not fry out during the process.
- It is always suggestable to reheat the meat using the same device by which it was actually prepared. That is, if you had cooked the meat in an oven, you should be using an oven to reheat it
Alternative ways to Reheat Chicken Breasts without using the Microwave
There are several other ways to reheat your chicken breasts if you do not have access to a microwave. You could either preheat the oven to 350°F and place the chicken inside. Heat it until the internal temperature reaches 165°F or reheat the chicken using a stove.Place a pan on the stove and put some oil or butter in it. Then put the chicken in it and turn the pieces over from time to time.
To reheat chicken breasts using an oven, you need to preheat the oven to 350°F. While you are doing this the chicken should be left out at room temperature to cool down.
Next place the chicken on an oven-safe dish and put it inside the oven. Leave it till the internal temperature reaches 165°F or 74°C.
You could also make use of your cooking stove to reheat meat. Take a pan and pour some oil in it.
Now place the chicken breasts on the pan and make sure there is much space between the pieces.
Keep flipping the pieces over to its other side at certain intervals to ensure that it does not stick to the pan.
How Long does it take to Reheat Chicken Breasts in the Microwave
Reheating chicken breasts in the microwave will take up to 3-5 minutes and it should be flipped periodically every 30 secs. The internal temperature should be at least 165˚F.
If you choose to reheat chicken breasts using a microwave, rest assured you are opting for the easiest and quickest method.
In the microwave it takes only around 5 minutes for the meat to be heated properly. But you should be careful to turn the pieces over after every 30 mins interval.
If you have cut the chicken into small pieces it will take less time.
Is it Safe to Reheat Chicken Breasts using the Microwave
Yes, is it completely safe to reheat chicken breasts using a microwave as long as it was properly stored. You should also keep in mind the guidelines while reheating the meat. You can only reheat your chicken once and it should be consumed in one sitting.
Leftover chicken, if stored in the refrigerator under 40°F, can be reheated easily and consumed without fear of any food poisoning.
When opting to reheat in the microwave you should also follow the rules and guidelines listed above for safety and better quality meat.
Remember reheated chicken must be consumed in one sitting and once taken out of the refrigerator can be reheated only one.
Do not attempt to store reheated meat as it might get stale which will be unhealthy to consume.
Cooked chicken breasts can be stored in the refrigerator for upto 3-4 days under 40˚F. It should be tightly wrapped in an aluminium foil or plastic wrap.
Also cooked chicken should be stored within 2 hrs after it’s cooked. You can also store cooked chicken breasts in a freezer. It will prolong the storage time to 4 months.
I hope this detailed guide has helped you reheat chicken breasts at your place with ease using the microwave.
If you have any queries feel free to let us know. We would love your feedback and use it to enrich our work further.
Do share this with your friends and family who love chicken breasts to help them out as well.