In this article, I have described the easiest way to reheat the delicious McDonald’s Oatmeal in the microwave.
There is no need to eat cold oatmeal when you know this method. This is a tried and tested method to give your oatmeal that fresh feel.
Let’s dive right into this process.
- Quick Answer: How to Reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal in Microwave?
- How to Reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal in the Microwave?
- Tips for Microwaving McDonald’s Oatmeal
- Alternate Methods to Reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal
- How to reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal Quickly?
- Is it Safe to Microwave McDonald’s Oatmeal?
- How to Store McDonald’s Oatmeal?
- How long does McDonald’s Oatmeal Last?
- How long should I Microwave McDonald’s Oatmeal?
- Bottom Line
- McDonald’s Oatmeal
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Spatula/ Spoon
- Microwave-safe lid
- Put the bowl in the microwave: Transfer the contents of the container into a microwave-safe dish.
Add a few drops of milk or water and give the oatmeal a good stir. If the microwave is frozen solid, make sure to thaw it before microwaving.
Place the bowl into the microwave.
- Adjust the settings on the microwave: Turn the microwave on. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl from the microwave and give it a good stir.
Spread the oatmeal to the sides of the bowl. It will heat the oatmeal faster.
- Nuking: Nuke the oatmeal in 30-second intervals. If the Oatmeal thickens on microwaving, add more milk.
Repeat the process until the oatmeal is fully reheated.
Tips for Microwaving McDonald’s Oatmeal
- Use utensils that are microwave-safe.
- If your McDonald’s Oatmeal is frozen, use the defrost setting on the microwave to thaw it.
- If the oatmeal is too thick add an appropriate amount of milk or water.
- Microwaving changes the taste and texture of the oatmeal.
- McDonald’s Oatmeal is full of fiber. It is best to accompany this delicious breakfast with fruit or eggs.
- Use oven mitts to take the oatmeal out of the microwave. The bowl will be very hot.
- Stir the oatmeal occasionally to distribute heat throughout.
- You can use the stovetop method if you have a couple of extra minutes on your hands to reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal for improved taste and texture.
- Reheating oatmeal in the microwave causes air bubbles to form in it. Keep stirring to prevent them from exploding.
- McDonald’s oatmeal isn’t very healthy. It contains sugar and cream. Use water when reheating instead of milk for a healthier option.
Alternate Methods to Reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal
You can also use a stovetop and pan to reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal.
Reheating McDonald’s Oatmeal on the stovetop: Transfer your McDonalds oatmeal into a pan. Add a few drops of water or milk.
Turn the heat on low and stir thoroughly until it starts to boil. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until hot.
Make sure the temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit / 74 degrees Celsius. Do not cover the pot. Enjoy!
How to reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal Quickly?
The quickest way to reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal is by using a microwave. It only takes 1 minute to reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal in the microwave. Transfer the oatmeal into a microwave-safe bowl and nuke in 30-second increments. Stir occasionally. Add a few drops of water or milk to adjust the consistency of the oatmeal.
Reheating oatmeal in the microwave will lead to a change in taste and texture.
To speed the process up some more, create a bowl shape in the middle by scooping up the oatmeal to the sides of the bowl.
When reheating McDonald’s Oatmeal in the microwave, make sure the temperature reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit / 74 degrees Celsius.
The best way to reheat a McDonald’s Oatmeal is on a stovetop.
Is it Safe to Microwave McDonald’s Oatmeal?
Yes, it is safe to microwave McDonald’s Oatmeal. Make sure the oatmeal has been stored properly. The container in which the oatmeal comes is not microwave-safe. The best way is to transfer the oatmeal to a microwave-safe bowl.
Use a large bowl instead of a small one. Larger bowls prevent the risk of an explosion due to superheated water.
When reheating McDonald’s Oatmeal, keep stirring the bowl after every interval in the microwave to distribute the heat evenly and remove any bubbles.
Reheating does not alter the nutritional value of McDonald’s Oatmeal.
How to Store McDonald’s Oatmeal?
McDonald’s Oatmeal should be stored at a temperature below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. You can refrigerate it. It can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 5 days and up to 2 months in the freezer. Make sure to transfer the oatmeal to an airtight container before storing it.
Transfer the oatmeal into an airtight container before storing it in the fridge or the freezer.
Oatmeal should be stored as soon as possible below the 40 degrees Fahrenheit temperature to maximize shelf life.
If the oatmeal has mold on it, throw it out. McDonald’s Oatmeal once reheated should be discarded.
How long does McDonald’s Oatmeal Last?
When stored properly McDonald’s Oatmeal lasts for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator at temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. When kept at room temperature, it is contaminated within 2 hours. The oatmeal lasts up to 3 months in the fridge when kept in an airtight container.
Perishable ingredients in McDonald’s Oatmeal are crème and milk, which are not safe to eat after sitting out at room temperature for more than 2 hours as per the USDA.
McDonald’s Oatmeal can be stored for up to 3 months in the freezer.
When reheating frozen oatmeal, make sure to thaw it in the microwave or room temperature before consuming it.
How long should I Microwave McDonald’s Oatmeal?
It takes about a minute on high to reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal in the microwave. Microwaving times also depend on the kind of oats used in the McDonald’s Oatmeal, wattage, and toppings. Make sure to reheat in 30-second intervals and stirring occasionally. It takes a couple more minutes to thaw frozen oatmeal.
Reheating times vary depending on a number of factors.
Adjust the setting to suit your comfort. If you are microwaving oatmeal for the first time, reduce the power to 50%.
Stirring is key when microwaving. It will take more time this way without any pitfalls or risk of exploding.
Make sure the temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit / 74 degrees Celsius.
The key to preventing oatmeal from boiling over is stirring. The more you stir, the less likely are the bubbles to form Bubbles form as a result of superheated water.
There is a risk of them exploding, so cover the bowl with a microwave-safe lid. Stirring also helps remove bubbles and distribute the heat evenly in the oatmeal.
Yes, McDonald’s oatmeal can be frozen for up to 2-3 months in the freezer in an airtight container. Beware, freezing changes the texture of the oatmeal when it is reheated.
The more time oatmeal spends in moisture, the more water it will absorb causing the oatmeal to go thick and mushy.
I hope this article on How to reheat McDonald’s Oatmeal in the microwave helped you.
Share your tips and tricks with us. Mention your suggestions in the comments below or email us.
Share this article with your friends and family. Let them know this awesome method as well.