Here is a simple guide on how to microwave Starbucks egg bites. In this article, you will find defined steps needed to reheat Starbucks egg bites using the microwave.
In my research on what experts and food bloggers write about microwaving these delicious, low-calorie treats, I have devised a foolproof method of microwaving the Starbucks egg bites.
Keep reading to find everything you need to know about Microwaving Starbucks Egg Bites.
- Quick Answer: How to Microwave Starbucks Egg Bites?
- How to Prep the Starbucks Egg bites for Microwaving
- How to Microwave Starbucks Egg Bites?
- Tips for Microwaving Starbucks Egg Bites
- Alternate Methods to Reheat Starbucks Egg Bites:
- How long do Starbucks Egg Bites Last?
- How long do I Microwave Starbucks Egg Bites?
- How to Reheat Starbucks Egg Bites Quickly?
- Is it Safe to Microwave Starbucks Egg Bites?
- How to store Microwaved Starbucks Egg bites?
- Bottom Line
How to Prep the Starbucks Egg bites for Microwaving
Before you decide to eat them, store the egg bites in the refrigerator or a freezer. Remove the Egg bites from the paper cup in which they are packed, and lay flat on a microwave-safe tray.
The container they come in is not microwave safe and is likely to catch fire if placed in the microwave.
If you are not sure if the tray is microwave safe, check the bottom of the container to see the microwave-safe symbol.
- Starbucks egg bites
- Microwave-safe tray/plate
- Put the tray in the microwave: After removing it from the cardboard container and covering it with a damp paper towel, insert the egg bites into the microwave.
- Set the timer: Switch on the microwave. Lower the power level down to 50%. Set the timer for 1 minute at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
If the Starbucks egg bites have been frozen, let the temperature come to 165 degrees Fahrenheit by heating them in 15-second intervals.
- Checking in between the process: After 1 minute of microwaving, check to see if the egg bites are steaming hot.
If not pop the tray back into the microwave for another 15 minutes or until the temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Use the tongs to plate your Egg bites, as they will be piping hot.
Tips for Microwaving Starbucks Egg Bites
- Refrigerate the egg bites as soon as you can. Do not keep them at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Cover the egg bites with a damp paper cloth. This will keep the egg bites moist.
- Do not cover the container or plate you’re using to heat the egg bites.
- For added flavor put a bit of cheese on top before popping it in the microwave for a 15-sec heat burst.
- The Starbucks egg bites are made using the French “sous vide” technique which essentially means “under vacuum”.
To recreate the velvety soft texture from this method, cover the egg bites with a moderately wet paper towel before microwaving.
Alternate Methods to Reheat Starbucks Egg Bites:
You can also reheat the Starbucks Egg Bites using a toaster reheat for 2 minutes in a toaster oven (for a crisper texture) or in your sous vide machine (for a velvety texture.)
1. In the Toaster Oven: The cooked Starbucks Egg Bites are warmed up in the oven, which gives them a slight crust.
Toss the egg bites in the toaster oven for 2 minutes or until the cheese on top starts to melt. Do not use aluminum foil to reheat them. They’ll stick badly to it. Instead, use a baking tray.
Make little cuts on the top before reheating for crispness.
2. Sous vide machine: Using this method will give a velvety texture to the Egg bite. Set the temperature on your sous vide machine water bath to 140 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Put the Starbucks Egg Bites into mason jars and screw the lid tight. Drop the mason jars into the water bath and keep them for 15 minutes.
How long do Starbucks Egg Bites Last?
Starbucks Egg Bites last for 3 to 5 days in the fridge. Eggs once cooked cannot be stored for long.
Starbucks Egg Bites contain ingredients like Egg, Milk, and Monterey Jack Cheese. These ingredients are liable to turning if not maintained at a low temperature.
If stored in a freezer, the egg bites can from 2 to 6 months. It is always advised to go fresh when eating or cooking with eggs.
How long do I Microwave Starbucks Egg Bites?
It takes about 30 to 60 seconds of microwaving time if kept at room temperature; 60 seconds to 80 seconds, if kept in the refrigerator and, 1 to 2 minutes if frozen.
The time it takes to reheat the Starbucks Egg Bites depends on how low of a temperature they’ve been stored at.
If the Starbucks Egg Bites have been frozen, let them defrost before tossing them in the microwave. This will ensure uniform heating.
How to Reheat Starbucks Egg Bites Quickly?
Microwaving is the quickest and easiest way to reheat Starbucks Egg Bites. It only takes 1 to 2 minutes of your time and maintains the texture of the egg bites.
Cover the egg bites with a damp paper towel to lock the moisture in. Avoid leaving the Starbucks Egg Bites in the open air, as the ingredients are likely to go rancid.
Do not reheat if unsure about freshness.
Is it Safe to Microwave Starbucks Egg Bites?
Yes, it is safe to Microwave Starbucks Egg Bites only if the egg bites have been properly stored below freezing temperature.
The ingredients in a Starbucks Egg Bites are eggs, milk, cheese and, bacon. These are perishable if not stored properly.
Make sure the temperature reaches t 165 degrees Fahrenheit. The eggs are likely to cause food poisoning if not heated properly.
How to store Microwaved Starbucks Egg bites?
The Microwaved egg bites have to been consumed immediately. Reheat only a sufficient amount by placing a damp cloth on them before microwaving for 60 to 70 seconds.
Starbucks Egg Bites last for 3 to 5 days in the fridge and 2 to 6 months in the freezer.
Do not store the egg bites after reheating. Once reheated in the microwave, the egg bites cannot last for long.
Starbucks Egg bites are healthy because they do not have flour, wheat or sugar added.
Although they contain bacon and various types of cheese, they are still the healthier breakfast option. Two Bacon and Gruyere bites have 310 calories per serving and 19 grams of protein.
Two Egg White and Roasted Red Pepper bites have 170 calories per serving and 13 grams of protein.
The major components in all the variants of the Starbucks egg bite are:
Egg Whites, Cottage Cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, Gruyere Cheese, Red Bell Pepper, Rice Starch, Unsalted Butter, Spinach, Canola Oil, Feta Cheese, Green Onion, Salt, Hot Sauce, etc.
There are three Variants of the recipe; Bacon and Gruyere, Egg White and Roasted Red Pepper and, Kale & Portabella Mushroom.
I hope this detailed guide on How to Microwave Starbucks Egg Bites solved all your queries.
If you have any suggestions, questions or tips mention them in the comments or mail them to us.
Share this article with your friends and family who love these delicious breakfast treats.