I have personally tried it and fell in love with the fruit.
This is a detailed taste guide to help you understand what pomegranate tastes like!
Let us dive right into it!
- Quick Answer: What Does Pomegranate Taste Like?
- What Is Pomegranate?
- What Does Pomegranate Taste Like?
- What Does Pomegranate Juice Taste Like?
- Do Pomegranate Seeds Taste Sweet Or Bitter?
- How To Deseed Pomegranate Easily?
- Different Ways To Enjoy A Pomegranate
- Are You Supposed To Eat Pomegranate Seeds?
- Does Pomegranate Taste And Smell Like Alcohol?
- In The End
What Is Pomegranate?
Pomegranate is a red round fruit with smooth, clear skin and a root on top of its head.
Upon opening a pomegranate, you will see many vivid red seeds with corn-shaped shapes filling up the white core.
These pomegranate seeds are called arils; they are the size of kernels and are filled with sweet pomegranate juice.
What Does Pomegranate Taste Like?
You can determine what pomegranate tastes like only by depending on whether the fruit is ripe or unripe. Ripe pomegranates are eatable because they taste sweet and are crunchy. On the other hand, unripe pomegranates are very sour and bitter to taste, and they are almost inedible.
Pomegranates have a very satisfying taste. The slight tangy or tart taste is not strong at all. Their flavor is sweet and tart like any other typical citrus fruit. The sweet flavor of pomegranate often gets compared to the taste of grapes.
These fruits are delicious. The vibrant red color is definitely its attractive point, but the arils and seeds also add a wonderful flavor and crunch.
Pomegranate is a summer fruit, and it tastes absolutely refreshing.
Fresh ripe pomegranate seeds are generally mild and sugary in flavor with a slight tartness to the seeds. The pomegranate fruit is full of antioxidants and nutrients, and it is very healthy.
It is so sweet and yummy, and you can use the pomegranate seeds in a variety of recipes as well.
What Does Pomegranate Juice Taste Like?
Pomegranate juice is a trendy drink because of its ruby color, flavor, and taste. The juice has a very bright reddish-pink color. Pomegranate juice, just like fruit, has many health benefits. The taste of freshly made pomegranate juice is sweet and somewhat tart, though the taste and flavors may differ if you are buying the juice.
If you make the pomegranate juice at home, you can add sugar if you want more sweetness. You will need to add some water which can dilute the taste of pomegranate juice.
To adjust the sweetness, you can add honey or sugar, whichever you like.
You can even add lemon juice! It will give an incredible kick to the original taste.
Do Pomegranate Seeds Taste Sweet Or Bitter?
The taste of pomegranate seeds can vary, depending on the ripeness of the fruit. Ripe pomegranate’s taste tends to be cross between sweet and sour. It tastes sugary with a slight tart undertone. The fruit often gets compared to the taste of grapes.
Ripe pomegranates have a natural sweetness to them but still are very tart and do not have the same sweet taste as ripe grapes or apples do.
However, unripe pomegranates taste very sour and can even be bitter.
How To Deseed Pomegranate Easily?
Cutting and separating the seeds can be such a tedious and messy task. There are many ways you can deseed a pomegranate easily.
- One successful method is to use a high-quality pomegranate deseeder. It is designed to separate the seeds from the pomegranate.
- The second method is to use a spoon to whack the pomegranate fruit so the seeds will fall out of the fruit so quickly.
- Another helpful method is using a bowl of water. All you need is a pomegranate, a knife, and a bowl of water.
Here is the link to the video
Different Ways To Enjoy A Pomegranate
There are various things you can do with pomegranate seeds. Such as:
- Toss them in dishes. You can extract arils from the pomegranate and use them in a salad, soup, desserts, or toppings.
- Use in drinks. You can extract the juice, add a bit of water and lemon and enjoy a tasty pomegranate juice.
- Extract the juice to make a stunning cocktail.
- Sprinkle some seeds onto your yogurt or oatmeal, smoothies, ice cream, etc., for extra crunch and flavor.
Are You Supposed To Eat Pomegranate Seeds?
Yes, pomegranate seeds are perfectly edible. Pomegranate seed is encircled by a red, juicy, and sugary seed covering, known as an aril. The seeds and arils are both the edible parts of the fruit. They can be eaten either raw or processed into juice.
The seed adds a lovely contrast to the softness of the arils. If you don’t want to consume the seeds, you can spit them out.
So long as you don’t mind the crunchiness, eating them is faster and a much cleaner way to enjoy pomegranates.
Does Pomegranate Taste And Smell Like Alcohol?
No, the fresh pomegranate does not taste like alcohol. If your pomegranate starts to taste and smell like alcohol, it means it’s past its prime. There are specific ways with which you can tell if your pomegranate has expired.
- The inside of it might have turned brown.
- It has an off-taste and odor.
- It feels light.
In The End
I hope this guide helped you understand the taste of pomegranates and answered the related questions.
Do share this with your friends and family and help them learn about it too!