Looking to make your steak extra tasty?
Marinating is the way to go! Marinating steak at home is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients.
Plus, it’s a great way to add extra flavor to your steak without having to rely on heavy sauces.
In this guide, we’ll share some tips and tricks for marinating steak, as well as some great recipes to try out.
So whether you’re looking for a classic steak marinade or something a little more unique, we’ve got you covered.
Advantages of Using Marinades for steak
There are several advantages of marinating steak, the most important ones are explained in detail below –
1. Marinating steak helps to tenderize the meat and make it more flavorful.
2. Marinating steak also helps to keep the meat moist, preventing it from drying out during cooking.
3. Marinating steak also protects the meat from burning or charring during cooking.
4. Marinating steak also helps to lock in the juices, making the steak more juicy and flavorful.
Common Mistakes while Marinating Steak
Here are some of the most common mistakes while marinating steak –
- Not using enough marinade – This results in the steak not being properly flavored.
- Not marinating for long enough – This results in the steak not being properly tenderized.
- Over-marinating the steak – This results in the steak becoming mushy.
- Not using the RIGHT marinade – You always need to use the marinade which goes well with your final recipe in mind. Otherwise, you may end up with a dish with confused flavors!
Choosing The Right Marinade for Steak
A steak marinade is very important because it adds flavor and tenderizes the meat.
The right marinade will make your steak taste better and be more tender. But if you use the wrong one, you may end up with hard meat and unwanted flavors.
Red wine, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and even citrus-based marinades (such as pineapple juice, lime juice) go well with steak. You can even use Italian dressing, chimichurri sauce, and BBQ sauce, too.
Here are some great options to choose from –
Tips and Tricks to Marinate Steak
If you are confused about how you can marinate steak, here is a quick guide for you.
Not everyone wants a grilled steak, in that care air fryer is a great option.
In the end, there is a lot of scope for experimentation as far as marinades are concerned. If you understand the fundamentals, mixing up the oils, acids, herbs, spices, etc, will lend your recipe unique flavors!
So happy experimenting!
Check out our guide on marinating other kinds of meat here>